International Media Innovation Management imim (90 ECTS) is a post-graduate part-time program for working professionals. The curriculum will take the students to at least four different countries. For information about the start of the next cohort, please visit this site.
Following the concept of blended learning, IMIM contains five one-week attendance blocks in various cities, complemented by e-learning and language courses. Attendance for these weeks is mandatory. Furthermore, the students will carry out projects in international teams. They are required to write and present a Master’s thesis at the end of the program.
This is a schematic overview of IMIM’s compulsory attendance blocks (each of them lasts approximately 1 week):
|first year of studies|
|second year of studies|
** MA theses presentations and final exams (2 days)
Leading international experts in media, journalism, technology, and change management, some from academia, others within the industry. The list of lecturers can be found here.
- Universidad Miguel Hernández, Elche, Spain (Prof. Dr. José García Avilés)
- Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany (Prof. Dr. Klaus Meier)
- Poynter Institute, St. Petersburg/Florida, USA (Bill Mitchell, affiliate faculty)
Language of Instruction:
The program includes personalised language courses (lessons in the cities where the program will be taught, or learning holidays within the frame of total immersion courses). Courses will be in English (advanced), Spanish or German.
Students’ fees/Expenses for integrated business partners:
€ 20.000/year (program lasts 2 years) including:
- Student fees cover: all textbooks and online materials, individual language training, lodging and travel costs within the countries in which the attendance blocks take place (Austria, Germany, Spain, USA).
- Business partner fees cover: suggestion of a real-life project (to be then implemented in their company) and sending a lecturer or executive to the program’s format “Meet the Executive”.
Master of Arts in International Media Innovation Management
Application and scholarship application forms are available here.